Build a great wardrobe foundation with these 10 staples
1.White t- shirt (you choose your neckline.) You can never go wrong with a plain, crisp white tee.
2. Black silk cami. You can wear these by themselves, under blazers, cardigans, with denim, or over a white t-shirt.
3. Blazer ( boyfriend, or oversized fit.) Try not to think of this as a formal way to dress. Blazers are very effortless, you can wear them with t-shirts, that silk cami and denim for a more relaxed, informal look. So chic! I find the best quality blazers at thrift stores, Zara and H&M.
4. Denim, (LEVIS are my fav brand of denim.) I know they are going to last me forever and the quality is unbeatable. They are a classic and something worth investing in. Whatever cut denim you feel is your staple.
Often times I find denim at thrift stores and alter them the way I want them to look. I always make my own or buy my jeans with a high waist, raw hem and cropped. I usually go for dark wash, but light wash has grown on me. It’s just personal preference.
5. Black skinny pants. These are so important to have in your wardrobe. Besides denim, these are one of those things you’ll wear all the time if you’re not wearing your denim or leggings. They pair with everything, making you look slimmer and I love pairing my black skinny pants with t-shirts, silk cami’s and blazers (above). I love making black on black outfits with a pair of quality black skinnys.
6. Trousers and/or track pants (high rise or mid rise.) I love wearing these with sneakers or mules for a dressed down look, or with ankle boots for a more dressed up look. These have really evolved and give you another option besides denim and your black skinny pants.
7. Black dress/ silk dress (You choose neck line and length.) Wear these alone, under a blazer, with sneakers, with boots, denim jackets, leather jackets, etc. The possibilities are endless with a style staple like this.
8. Denim jacket (little or oversized, you choose.) Classic! Goes with everything. If you don’t have one, go get one!
9. Black fitted turtle neck. I love the bodysuit version of these, they’re just more comfortable in my opinion, You can wear them alone or under jackets, blazers, dresses and sweaters. (tucked in is a must!) They’re timeless!
10. Leather jacket. I love a quality leather jacket! I am really into the moto style ones. It is a year round staple and I love to wear mine draped over my shoulders, or with t-shirts, camis, dresses, denim, trousers, pretty much anything. I love that they’re season-less and timeless!
ADD ONS: For fluffing.
You will feel most confident when YOU wear the clothes, not when the CLOTHES wear YOU.