I’ve come too far for this to be the end of Lexformation… Pour yourself a glass of pinot and make yourself at home cause I have some confessions to come clean about.
I needed time to reevaluate my purpose for this blog and why I started it. I’m guilty of letting the outside world get to me- which in turn had me feeling very discouraged about blogging and my craft. My subconscious mind took over my conscious mind which then lead me to experience what you call a paradigm shift in my life. Let me elaborate; after all, you guys who have been a supporter of mine deserve that.
First and foremost, let me make something clear… I do not get paid to write or to post content on social platforms. Yes, I have been compensated for having affiliate links with brands, but I do not create content or blog for a living and I am not discrediting people who do. I do this simply because I love showcasing my personal style, and allowing my style to inspire others to find theirs and own it. I’m not only just talking about clothes and shoes here, I am talking about my entire lifestyle; how and where I like to spend my time, what inspires ME and why, interior designs and decor, food and drink, art, music, travel, love, the past, present and future, etc. There are no limits when it comes to my content. My goal is for you to resonate with my posts one way or another.
So let’s get real.
I took a very LLLLLLOOOOOONNNNGGGGG and much needed break from the blogging world and just posting consistently in general and here’s why.
- Yes, I blamed the freaking ALGORITHM. Why? Because I am human and I wanted people to see my posts because that’s what social media is about, right? To reach an astronomical number of people and to accumulate lots of likes and just be.. well you know.. LIKED. Well no, that’s not how I want to think anymore and as a matter of fact, I don’t think that way at all. I ditched that mindset during my time off and came up with a new one- one that has been my truth and my purpose all along, but I got lost in the sauce along the way completely forgetting that literally none of these things even matter!
- While getting tied up in the algorithm I started to compare myself to the other bloggers I’d follow and would start to convince myself that what I was doing wasn’t good enough, wealthy enough, cool enough, I’m not skinny enough, pretty enough, just not enough. Yeah, that comparing yourself shit will literally eat your soul alive. It happens to the best of us! And not to mention, I was completely turned off by the instagram world itself having me questioning all authenticity and credibility, which I still question to this day- Everything is so “you need this in your closet” “this is a must have” “buy this’d buy that and x,y and z” and that’s simply not me, so my best solution was to just get the fuck off of it. Why was I letting this affect me so much?
- Which brings to me this next point. I want to be relatable, but not to the point where it becomes annoying. You know what I mean? Like you’re trying too hard to be authentic/relatable where it literally just comes off annoying and fake. I swear the struggle is real. This point seems very minuscule, but it played a huge part for me. If you can relate to me and the content I put out, that’s amazing. I hope you know what I put out into the universe is my true, authentic self and I am the exact same way in person if you ever meet me, or have been around me.
- I work with influencers, bloggers, stylists and photographers full time and yes I absolutely love it; however, I know the backend of the blogging/influencer business and I know how saturated it is and to be quite honest with you it has turned me off a great deal. Moreover, people who know absolutely nothing about this industry and have the opportunity to actually learn what actually goes into a single instagram post, they’d be mind blown – it takes a lot of time, work, creativity and sometimes a great deal of capital. People legitimately do this for a living.
- Lastly, my lifestyle was changing which meant for me that I needed to align my content with my lifestyle. I am not one to post something that does’t align or relate to what I am actually doing in real life unless I state that it is a throwback photo or what have you.
So during this time, I began to live my life in real time/ in the moment, instead of Instagram time if that makes any sense at all. In other words, doing something for the gram knowing it’ll appeal to others, rather than it appealing to me. This is a hard concept to master. When you post a picture on Instagram with no expectations on how it may perform, you start to become a much happier version of yourself and Instagram user. It’s liberating! When you expect, you are allowing room for disappointment and who has time for that?
Before this becomes a novel, let me sum it up. I post what I want, when I want. I don’t let other people or Instagram and its algorithm dictate what I post and when. If I have nothing to post, I won’t- sometimes for days, weeks at a time. I’m busy, I’m tired and have a life outside of Instagram as I’m sure you do as well; hence, why my page is now categorized as ‘Just For Fun’ because that’s what it is and what I choose for it to be. It is at my leisure, not anyone else’s. I blog occasionally, not consistently and I’m fine with that. A lot of you have sent me messages asking why I haven’t been posting or updating on a regular basis and to be honest that means the world to me that those people cared to ask because that means they pay attention to my posts and look forward to what I put out. It reassured me that what I was doing was indeed inspiring and shame on me for letting irrelevant nonsense get in the way of that.
My mission in life is to stay true to myself, be just as pretty on the inside and to inspire those around me to do the same. I hope this post gave you a clear understanding of my absence and why it is so important to not let the outside world and social media in general get in the way of how you live your life and how you choose to showcase it.
Thank you a ton for being here with me, it is YOU that keeps me going!
Look out for more affordable style posts- that is my specialty 🙂 I reply to all messages and I love engaging with you, so feel free to message me with any questions, comments and/or updates!
Love y’all and hope you have a safe and joyful holiday season!